Your roof is more than just a shield against the weather. Remember, it is one of the most noticeable parts of your home. As such, its aesthetic appeal shouldn’t be overlooked. The roof is an architectural statement that invokes your personal style and taste. It should complement the design of the rest of the home, and vastly improve its curb appeal and overall value. So, have you considered updating your home’s style by replacing your Salem roofing?
Here are a few tips from internationally sought color expert Maria Killam when it comes to choosing colors for your new roof:
- If your home is more of the traditional look, try to avoid roofs that are too colorful.
- If your home’s style doesn’t really give you much of a choice of color, go for a dark neutral color like dark blue.
- If your home utilizes bricks or stones, take extra care when selecting a color as it might clash.
- If you decide to go with asphalt shingles, it’s a good rule of thumb to go with a color that is darker than that of the body of the house.
- If you’re still having a hard time deciding, you might want to consult a professional.
Consulting with a professional can help you with picking out a color, and with the actual work of replacing the roof. Roofers in North Andover MA like us at Edmund’s General Contracting, LLC have years of experience under our belt. As such, we’ve worked on various homes and roofs. This kind of experience allows us to properly assess what colors and materials would match your home’s style.
After the assessment, we can proceed with the actual project, and you can just sit back and relax as your vision becomes a reality. Remember, the roof is the crowning glory of your home.
Make sure it’s up to the latest styles with remodeling. For more information on choosing a roof color, contact Edmund’s General Contracting, LLC today.
(Article Referrence “5 Best Ways To Choose Your Roof Color,” Maria Killam, published October 8, 2013)