One of the most common roofing problems that many homeowners face are leaky roofs. Severe weather conditions can cause massive damage to your roof, allowing rainwater to enter your home’s interior through damaged areas. So, how do you know if your home is suffering from a leaky roof?
Edmunds General Contracting, one of the leading roofers in North Andover, MA, discusses the signs and causes of a leaky roof. We also recommend the efficient solutions on dealing with them.
Signs of Roof Leaks
An efficient way to spot a leaky roof early and to determine its source is by hiring our expert roofers. Here are some of the things that we will check when conducting a roof inspection:
- Algae and Mold – Roof leaks can cause mold and mildew growth in your home.
- Buckling Shingles – Misapplied felt and movement in your roof deck can cause buckling, making your home vulnerable to water entry.
- Curling Shingles – Too much water absorbed by your roof can cause shingles to curl. This opens up your roofing system to water penetration.
- Ceiling Spots – Water that seeps and spread throughout your roofing system can lead to water stains on your home’s ceilings and walls. Once we see dark spots or stains on these areas, we’ll let you know you have a leaky roof.
- Rotted Roof – Some roofs are prone to water and moisture absorption, which can lead to leaks.
- Deteriorated Flashing – If your roof’s flashing show signs of deterioration, then it is likely possible that water has already penetrated your home.
- Missing Shingles – While your roof’s underlayment feature waterproofing and insulating properties, constant exposure to rainwater due to missing shingles can lead to leaks over time.
Leaks can worsen over time if not dealt with early on, which is why it is essential to work with top Salem roofing experts to provide efficient and lasting solutions. Aside from a comprehensive roof inspection, you can count on us to repair your roof and prevent leaks from growing worse.
As a GAF® Master Elite™ contractor, we are committed to on-going training in learning the latest roofing updates. These include providing reliable repairs and swift roof replacement.
If our inspection reveals that your roof has sustained massive damage or has reached the end of its service life, we will recommend a roof replacement instead. Fortunately, we offer roofs that will keep water from entering your home.
Our metal roofs, for instance, are great in shedding water and come with highly reflective surfaces that will minimize the amount of heat buildup in your attic. We also offer GAF Timberline® shingle roofing in Haverhill, MA, that comes with roofing components for stronger resistance against water penetration.
Expect Edmunds General Contracting to provide you with roofing services that will keep your home leak-free. Call us today at (877) 618-5955 for a FREE estimate.